Minnesota Association of Development Organizations
What is a Regional Development Commission?
- There are 9 Regional Development Commissions (RDCs) in Minnesota covering 63 counties.
- RDCs were established in MN statute in 1969 to provide technical assistance to the local units of government in their region.
- RDCs perform a variety of unique services based on the needs of their region.
- RDCs partner with numerous state and federal agencies, obtaining and administering grants for programs and projects at the local level.
- RDCs are governed by volunteer board of directors composed of elected officials and business and community leaders.
- RDCs are recognized for their fiscal responsibility and capabilities in professional program management.