14th Annual MREJ Capital Markets Summit
May 14, 2021 • 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Golden Valley Country Club
7001 Golden Valley Rd
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Get Directions »
Time: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Economic Recovery is Like Herding Cats
• Fed Reserve Head Fake?
• Inflation Outlook
• Employment Outlook
• Large Scale Capital Moving into Real Estate?
State of Affairs in Credit Markets / Perm Debt and its impact on CRE Financing
• Overview of emerging issues in permanent financing markets
• Recent underwriting standards changes, emerging challenges
• Evaluating loan to value ratios and other metrics by product type
• Economic outlook for real estate capital markets, interest rates Instructors
• Who are the most aggressive perm lenders going to be in 2021?
• Where does CMBS fit into the mix today?
Opportunities in Tax Law Changes, Impact on Capital
• Stimulus Update
•Overlooked stimulus opportunities: EITC and SBA provisions have huge impact
• Opportunity Zones: Current opportunities and potential for expansion
• Bonus Depreciation: Last Chance for a Bite at the Apple?
Banking and Construction Lending Update
• Outlook for the Minnesota banking industry over the next two years
• Predictions on interest rate movement; inflationary concerns
• Profile of deals that get closed
• Update on borrow requirements
• Impact of K-Shaped Recovery on willingness to lend
• Small and medium size bank lending differences
Commercial Real Estate Equity Investor Requirements & Investment Deal Flow
• Investment Sales Recap – Top Deals over the last 12 months
• Where are CAP Rates today: Apartments, Office, Industrial, Retail
• What types of investors are most active in Minnesota? What are their return expectations?
• What is the hottest investment asset class today, what is least desirable?
• When (if ever) will distressed assets hit the market?
• Future Predictions – What will trade over the next 12 months and where is our marketing going