Discover Our Distinct Business Advantages
GREAT RIVER ENERGY provides wholesale electric service to our 28 member cooperatives and supports businesses across a variety of industries throughout Minnesota. Our diverse territory ranges from the outer-ring suburbs of the Twin Cities, to the Arrowhead region of the north and the agricultural communities in the southern part of the state.
Great river energy at a glance:
- Second-largest power supplier in Minnesota
- One of the largest generation and transmission co-ops in the country
- Serves more than 665,000 member-consumers across the state
- Owns a resource mix that includes more than 10 power plants and 4,700 miles of transmission line
- Maintains a diverse mix of baseload and peaking power plants, including coal, refuse-derived fuel, natural gas and fuel oil, plus hydro, wind and solar generation
We are committed to helping you start and grow your business here. In working closely with local and state organizations, we can efficiently assist businesses planning to begin or expand in our service area. We’ll start by helping you evaluate and find the right site or facility. Our dedicated, responsive and experienced staff will ensure you always have the answers you need to make informed decisions for the future of your business.
Welcome to America’s Top State for Business (as ranked by CNBC):
Home to more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state
#1 state for quality of life (Forbes)
Fastest-growing state for technology jobs (Dice, 2015)
Among the top 10 most innovative states (Bloomberg)
Among the top 10 best-educated states (Fox Business News)
Among the top 15 best states for doing business (Forbes, 2015)