Kandiyohi Power Cooperative
8605 47th Street NE • P.O. Box 40 • Spicer, MN 56288
(P) 320-796-1155 (F) 320-796-0620
Kandiyohi Power Cooperative (KPC) was organized in November 1935 under the cooperative laws in the State of Minnesota to furnish, improve and expand electric service to West Central Minnesota. Authority to form such a cooperative came from the passage of the Rural Electrification Act, which was signed by President Franklin Roosevelt on May 11, 1935. KPC is governed by an elected, nine-person board of directors that establishes policies and hires the CEO.
Today, KPC has grown to 31 employees serving more than 900 residential, agricultural and commercial members.