2nd Annual Women in Real Estate Summit
May 09 • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Golden Valley Country Club
7001 Golden Valley Rd
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Get Directions »
$89/$99 after April 24
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
8:00 AM Celebrating Female Pioneers in the Commercial Real Estate Industry
• Early Pioneers: Making their way into a male dominated industry
• The challenges in overcoming the paradigms in a male dominated industry
• Looking Back: could the early pioneers have done anything different
• Initial industry reaction to women in the business
• The Vision for Women in Real Estate for the future
9:00 AM Current Workplace Issues Faced by Women
Identifying and Addressing Issues in the Current Workplace Environment
• Flexible Work Arrangements Can be Key to Success
• Sexual Harassment; Why this isn’t going away; How to Handle it
• Role Models and Mentorship; or lack-thereof
• The Double-Bind paradigm; are you a strong leader or well-liked, why not both?
• Current Bias in the Workplace: Race, Gender, and LGBT
• Overcoming Fear and Trusting Your Own Voice
• Equal Pay; What is it going to take to Even the Field
10:00 AM Break
10:10 AM State of the Market – Commercial Real Estate
Women in Development, Finance, Leasing, and Entrepreneurship discuss real estate
• Where are current development opportunities; is the multi-family run over?
• Is low unemployment hurting or helping real estate?
• Where is the growth in tenants; are companies expanding their footprint?
• What is the market for Female Entrepreneurs today?
11:05 AM Overcoming Obstacles: Laying out a Woman’s Path to Success
• Embracing the Differences: How women are standing out today in the Commercial Real Estate Industry
• Mentoring young women today that are interested in commercial real estate
• Dressing for Success in Commercial Real Estate; Is it different for Men?
• Standing in Your Success; How to Properly take Credit for Your Accomplishments
• Being a Champion for Change: Continuing to Improve the Outlook for Women
• Building A Sisterhood; the importance of a peer group of Female Supporters
• Building Alliances with Decision Makers
12:00 PM Adjourn and Networking