2020 Upper Midwest Basic Economic Development Course
April 2700pam4> - May 0100pam5>
Great River Energy
12300 Elm Creek Blvd
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Get Directions »
This course provides intensive training in the basic concepts, methods and strategies of local economic development. It is designed for those new to the field, as well as those seeking to deepen their knowledge and skills. A diverse and experienced faculty provide a blend of theory and practice during the five-day course.
Participants will study the core building blocks of economic development, including:
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Strategic Planning
- Community and Neighborhood Revitalization
- Real Estate Redevelopment and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Infrastructure and utilities
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). Graduation from the BEDC fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to pursue the Certified Economic Developer designation (CEcD) through lEDC.
For more information on IEDC and certification, visit www.iedconline.org.